|Not pictured: 1 extra bottle of BBQ sauce. Owls are salt and pepper :) Chopped onions are in the back.|
- 5-6 lbs. boneless pork country-style ribs
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced or chopped (again I used the store bought chopped ones, 8oz. - so much easier)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (I used prepared garlic and used x4, 1/2 teaspoons of it)
- 2/3 cup splenda brown sugar
- salt and pepper - just a sprinkling of each on each side of the meat.
- 12 oz apple juice (I used Gerber little 4oz bottles, it's what I had on hand ;)
- 2 jars or bottles of barbecue sauce (each of my bottles were 19oz - only 1 pictured)
- Additional items you'll need: A strainer and Reynolds crock-pot liner bags (they make clean-up a breeze!)
Place onions in the bottom of the crock-pot. Add boneless ribs to the crock-pot. Sprinkle 1/2 of the minced garlic, brown sugar, salt and pepper over the ribs. Flip the ribs and sprinkle the remaining half of the minced garlic, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Pour the apple juice over the ribs (it's ok if it washes some of the seasoning off - it all cooks together). Cook on low for 8-9 hours or cook on high for 3-4 hours (whatever fits your schedule).