Search

Friday, February 24, 2012

Banana Cake - Sugar Free : )



I've seen a recipe floating around online for banana bread - so I made some changes and made a banana cake with substitutions that work for me and that make the cake/bread much healthier!  This is my weight loss surgery friendly version.  YUM!

Ingredients:
1 box of sugar free yellow cake mix (Pillsbury Brand)
1/3 cup no sugar added cinnamon applesauce (mussleman's brand)
3 eggs
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
1 cup of mashed ripe bananas (2 large or 3 medium)

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bundt cake pan. Mix cake mix, applesauce, eggs and bananas until cake mix is completely mixed.  Stir in nuts.  Pour in greased cake pan.  Bake for 25-30 minutes.  Let cool for 10 minutes in pan.  Take out of pan and allow to continue cooling for at least another 30-60 minutes.  Serve! (I served with sugar free whip cream and a few strawberries).

No comments: