Search

Sunday, November 13, 2011

X-mas Tree is up... in November!

We've been checking things off the to-do list like crazy this weekend (we're feeling the crunch of the baby being here any day!).  Both of our families are coming out to stay after the baby is born.  While they won't be here over Christmas technically, it will be when we're able to celebrate with them.  If you know me, you know there is no way I will take a newborn baby 6 states/20 hours away out-of-network for insurance purposes.  Not to mention, cold and flu season concerns and driving through the Midwest in December.  I don't think there has been a year where we haven't run into an ice storm or snow storm.

So one of the things on the to-do list has been to put up the X-mas tree.  We haven't put it up in the last 2 years because we go back to Iowa over the holiday and it doesn't make sense to set it up for the 10 or so days between Thanksgiving and when we leave to go home.  We bought the tree and all the trimmings our first year of marriage and I forgot how much I love it all set up and how beautiful I think it is.  So I thought I'd share a pic or two.  One of the other things I love - we put the tree on a remote, easy peasy to turn on and off with a baby in our hands!  No crawling on the floor this year : )

In case I drop of the face of the earth completely in the next few weeks (not likely with pending pics of the new baby coming) - an early Merry X-mas and holiday season to everyone!