This was our Sunday morning breakfast this past weekend. It was one of the recipes that came out of a google search with a few ingredients. I had blueberries that needed to be used up and a few really ripe bananas - with those 2 things, I was on a mission to make a yummy (free because I already had this stuff) breakfast! This recipe makes 7-8 pancakes. They are VERY filling, so easily enough for 2-3 adults.
|Before they go into the skillet : )|
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar or splenda substitute for WLS people
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten divided in half or 1/4 cup of egg beaters
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 1/2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Pam Cooking Spray
- Sugar Free syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk, bananas and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.Add in blueberries and stir until mixed in.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle
coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles
form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with sugar free syrup.
**Quick Note** If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw.