Sunday, March 20, 2011
Grilled Fish over Parmesan Brown Rice
I got the idea for this recipe from Gortons.com. I changed up a few of the measurements and ingredients, but it's virtually the same idea. Weis (one of our local grocery stores that I shop) was recently running a special for 50% off Gortons products. I got 3 different kinds to try. The nutrition on these is EXCELLENT! 90 calories and 16 grams of protein for 1 fillet? Heck yes, I'll take that any day. Ryan was dreading this menu item, but he ended up getting seconds yesterday when we had it. That means it's a hit in our house! We will definitely be doing this again. Wish I would have stocked up with the 50% off sale and the coupons I had!
2 Gorton's All Natural Garlic Butter Grilled Fillets (2 come in one box. For a visual, visit here to see what you're looking for)
2 Tbsp margarine
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 tsp minced prepared garlic (Find in the produce section of the grocery store)
1 pkg of uncle ben's 90 second brown rice - It works best with the chicken flavor brown rice
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1. Prepare Gorton's All Natural Grilled Fillets according to package directions (18-21 min. on 400 degrees).
2. In the meantime, melt 1 tbsp of margarine in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes and sauté onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes.
3. Make Uncle Ben's Rice in microwave. (90 seconds on high - remember to vent the top!)
4.. Add rice to onion and garlic mixture - stir frequently for at least 2 minutes.
5. Stir in remaining tbsp. of margarine with parsley and parmesan cheese.
6. Place cooked fillets on rice and serve immediately.
This would make a great dinner for those Friday's where fish is the way to go.