Search

Monday, March 21, 2011

Banana Nut Muffins - YUM!

I posted this recipe for the first time in April of 2010.  To see the original post, go here. I've re-posted the ingredients and directions below.  This is SUCH a good recipe.  One of those that I can pull together quickly as long as I have some overly ripe bananas (this seems to happen anytime we buy bananas - I have a hard time eating them by themselves now).  These muffins are made with whole wheat flour and have no "funny" taste from it at all.  I recommend you try it if you're in the mood for something easy, good and healthy! 

Want to buy your own?  Check out kohls.com and search for cupcake carrier.

This is shown with my mini muffins inside - it would look a lot more "full" if I had regular cupcake or muffin sizes.
In addition to wanting to make this recipe again, I also wanted to put something in my new cupcake/muffin storage container.  Ok, ok... I know this is strange that I'm excited about a cupcake holder.  But I recently made sugar free cupcakes and had every intention of taking them to work.  To see the sugar free cupcakes, visit that post here.  Unfortunately, with the frosting and no way to transport them - they ended up sitting in multiple Tupperware containers and eventually going in the trash : (  I HATE to waste.  Then, my wonderful hubby was wandering Kohls while I was doing some serious shopping damage and came across this little gem.  I had been describing what I was looking for over the last 3 weeks and it looks like the lovely people at food network nailed it!  The best part, these are stackable.  So should I ever need to transport 48 cupcakes or muffins instead of 24, I could buy another container to add 2 more layers.  I can't recommend this product enough!  (And no, no one is asking me to pitch this and I sure as heck have not seen one penny from any of my endorsements - just sharing the love of easy, simple and useful!)  I love finding a great kitchen gadget that I don't already have.  Next on my list - mini whisks.  And I mean mini - mini, not the small.  The quest continues...
Looks like a few snitches got to the mini muffins before the camera did ; )  That's cinnamon all over the pan, nothing to be concerned about!

Banana Nut Muffins:
Ingredients:
1.5 cups whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, 1/2 cup melted margarine, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1 cup splenda baking, 4 small or 3 medium overly ripe bananas, 1 large egg, pam spray, cinnamon to sprinkle on top at the end (24 cup mini muffin pan needed too).

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin pan with baking spray.  Mash bananas in a medium bowl, add melted butter, egg, baking powder, vanilla, splenda, and baking soda.  Mix until combined (it will be chunky because of the bananas).  Once mixed, add in whole wheat flour and chopped nuts.  Use tablespoon to spoon batter into muffin tin filling each 2/3's to 3/4's full.  Sprinkle tops with cinnamon and bake for 12-13 minutes.  Use toothpick to make sure they are baked all the way through ( toothpick will be be clean if they are done baking).

No comments: