Search

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sugar Free Cupcakes


Pillsbury has come out with a new line of sugar free baking items (found in the regular baking section of the store).  With my in-laws in town, I wanted to make sure to have something sweet on hand in the evenings - my father in law is BIG on sweets =)

This was the first time I tried these, followed the package directions exactly and they turned out well.  People couldn't tell that they were sugar free.  I had 1/2 of one the first time with no problem.  The second day, I had a whole one and had some pretty rotten gas (if you're a WLS patient, you'll know what I'm talking about).  The splenda in it was too much for me to have a whole one - but I'm good with 1/2.  Everyone else was fine eating whatever and said they were good with a glass of milk.

Ingredients:
Pillsbury Sugar Free Yellow Cake Mix
Pillsbury Sugar Free Chocolate Frosting
1/3 cup vegetable oil (in the future - I may sub applesauce, but didn't want to stray from the recipe this time)
1 cup water
3 eggs

Follow the directions on the box and apply frosting once cupcakes have cooled. The box says that it makes 24 cupcakes - the way I made them, I got 18.

Here is a link to the Pillsbury website where you can find more info on their sugar free products:
http://www.pillsburybaking.com/products/default.aspx

No comments: