Search

Sunday, July 11, 2010

NYC Trip Recap

This past week we went to NYC for 4 days with my in-laws.  It was their first time ever being to the city, so we did all the touristy things we could fit into those days.  3 days in a row it was over 100 degrees (I think every day set a record!) and the fourth day it was a comfortable 98.  (Note the sarcasm!) 6 days from now my parents fly in and we'll be going south to Rehoboth Beach, Annapolis, Baltimore and DC for the week.  July is officially family vacation month!

Here's what we did:
St. Pat's Cathedral
Top of the Rock - NBC Studios
Rockefeller Plaza
3 gray line tours of NYC Downtown, Uptown and night time/Brooklyn loop
Grand Central Station
Macy's / FAO Schwartz / Bloomingdale's
Empire State Building
Ellis Island/Statue of Liberty
Central Park
Metropolitan Museum of Art
Natural History Museum
Jersey Boys Broadway show

Here are some pics!
Let me explain the hat... it was over 100 degrees and the sun was beating down.  Anyone that knows me knows that my skin will blister and burn in 2 seconds!  So I said to hell with it and protected my neck and face with the floppy hat!  Outcome: not one sunburn in all the days we were there... only one slightly embarrassed husband ;)

View from the Top of the Rock.  A far superior experience compared to the top of the empire state building.  The lines are much more manageable and the view is 10 times better!
This is us standing in line at the end of the 3rd day at the Natural History museum.  I was literally drenched at this point (my hair was soaking wet with sweat) and I kept asking Ryan how my hair looked.  All he did was laugh - but wouldn't help!  So my retaliation was to take a picture of us waiting in that god-awful line looking marvelous!
This is the Egyptian Sphinx I got in trouble for leaning up against during this picture... Needless to say, I was CAREFUL to not touch anything else the rest of the day!
Waiting to get into Jersey Boys - it turned out to be a good show that we both enjoyed.  The people our parents age around us were REALLY into it!  It's a good starter show for those that are skeptical about going to one - we had seats 10 rows off the stage =)

No comments: