Search

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Shrimp and Bacon Salad

Wow, this week has been crazy!  Ryan and I are going on very little sleep and unfortunately, his weekend hasn't started yet.  He's currently taking a final for his last class of the semester.  He's in need of a big break - and I fully intend to take one with him tomorrow!  So while he's testing, I thought I'd post - because it's been awhile.  I've been taking pictures of new recipes I'm trying, but just haven't had time to post.  So here you go!

I don't have the "before" ingredients for this - but it's pretty simple.

Ingredients for 1 serving:
Sauteed or grilled shirmp seasoned with chili powder or old bay seasoning (approximately 8 medium)
1 cup of fresh spinach
1/8 cup of sliced almonds
2 pieces of turkey bacon, crumbled

Dressing ingredients:
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp/1 packet splenda or equal

Directions:
Cook turkey bacon and set aside to cool.  Saute or grill shrimp and season with spice. To make dressing, combine vinegar, sugar substitute and mustard.  Slowly whisk in olive oil.  Once mixed, add in salt and pepper. 

To put together, mix spinach, almonds, crumbled bacon and shrimp together. Drizzle dressing over salad and serve!
 

No comments: