Search

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Angel Lush Cake

The finished cake : )
This recipe can be found on the box of vanilla jello pudding dry mix.  I made a few substitutions to make it work for me, but it is good, fresh and dresses up my usual sugar free angel food cake dessert.  Very easy and looks pretty too (although I wish I would have cut my cake layers more even... my cake looked just a bit lopsided when it was all done : )

Simple ingredients.

Base layer of cake with pineapple spread.

Ingredients:
1 store bought Sugar free angel food cake, cut into 3 layers
1 can (20 oz.) Dole crushed pineapple in it's own juice, undrained
1 pkg. of sugar free fat free Jell-O vanilla pudding mix (3.4oz)
1 cup thawed lite cool-whip
10 large fresh strawberries

Directions:
Mix pineapple (including juice) with pkg of pudding mix.  Once mixed, fold in cool-whip until mixed together.  Spread the top of each cake layer with pineapple mixture and top with next layer of cake (top layer of cake will also get pineapple mixture spread on top).  Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.  Top with fresh strawberries and serve extra strawberry slices on the side of the plate.

No comments: