Search

Monday, May 23, 2011

Local Giant Deal & CVS Makeup Run

Ahhh - last post was May 8th!  This month has totally slipped away from me.  We haven't been cooking too much lately, but I pulled 10 new recipes from a magazine last night... so those should be coming!

Alright, onto the recent deals.  This week (until Saturday May 28th) Giant has a deal where you can earn up to 600 extra gas points.  That translates to an additional 60 cents off of gas.  The points expire June 23rd and you can bank up as many as you want.  We have a small trip planned in June, so we'll be using our gas points for that.  I have some more banking of points to do before then!  Anyway, I made out on this deal and here is how:
Category 1: Buy 4, get 200 pts.
I bought 4 Suave Shampoos for $1.89 each.  Used 2 - $1 off of 2 coupons and 2 - $1 double giant coupons for a total of $4 off.  Total cost: $3.56 for 4 shampoos
Category 2: Buy 10, get 200 pts.
I bought 10 knorr pasta/rice sides for $1 each.  Used 2 - $1 off coupons and 2 - $1 double giant coupons for a total of $4 off.  Total cost: $6 for 10 pasta/rice sides
Category 3: Buy 6, get 200 pts.
I bought 2 reddi whip creams for $2 each, 3 healthy choice steamer meals for $2.49 each, 1 marie calendar meal for $2.49.  Used 2 - 35 cent off coupons that doubled to 70 cents off each, $1 off of one coupon for marie calendar meal, $1 off of 1 healthy choice meal and $1 off of 2 healthy choice meals. Total cost: $9.56 for 6 items.
Total Cost Overall: $19.12, Points earned for gas: 620!  Normally, I would of had to spend $620 at the store to earn these kind of points.  If we wait to fill up one of our cars, we should save at least $10.20 on one fill up (60 cents x 17 gallons) and that's assuming I don't bank more points before then (which I will!) :)


CVS Clearance Makeup Run from tonight (This was AWESOME!)
Yesterday I did a CVS run where I earned some Extra Care Bucks (ECB's).  I used $5 of those ECB's tonight for this transaction tonight.
What I bought:
1 Revlon Nail Polish (75% off) $1.37 (I was trying to trigger the $4 ECB deal, but it didn't work)
1 Loreal Paris Visible Lift Under Eye Concealer (75% off) 3.07 - $2 off coupon
1 Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain and Balm (75% off) $2.35 - $2 off coupon
1 Rimmel Glam'Eyes eye shadow (75% off) $1.09 - $1 off coupon
1 Rimmel Lash MaXXX Multiplying Effect Mascara (75% off) $2.32 - $2 off coupon
1 King Size Peanut M+M's: $1.87 (Had to throw in some Candy to get to the $5 limit to use my ECB's and because Ryan was such a trooper).

$5.07 total - $4.99 in ECB's for a TOTAL Out of Pocket Cost (OOP) 8 CENTS! (Would have been $42.68 Retail)
Ryan was driving, so I tried all the makeup on the way home in the car and the only thing that is a maybe is the Revlon nail color (Electric Pink) - but we'll see what summer brings. Happy couponing!

No comments: