Search

Monday, September 5, 2011

Baby Bump: 27 weeks - getting close!

Baby and I are at 27 1/2 weeks today.  That means we have about 12 weeks to go if he comes on time and about 13 weeks to go before someone makes sure he gets here (I'm hoping to not have my labor induced... pitocin seems like the worst drug to me!  The epidural however, I'm fine with : )

So far the pregnancy has been going well.  He's an active little guy for sure.  We knew this from the ultrasounds and how much trouble they've had getting him to cooperate in those, but I'm now feeling the full effects of our little man.  His favorite hours for acrobatics are 9pm - 6am.  Not exactly conducive to me getting sleep.  I've also been suffering from HORRIBLE leg cramps.  These things are crippling.  They happened the other day during work when I was giving a presentation.  Needless to say, it probably looked like I was on some sort of drug with all the hoping around I was doing trying to get them to stop.  Amazingly, I just kept talking - but that was definitely a first in my career.  The worst ones are when they are in both legs or feet at once (I can never decide which side to tend to first) OR when they are in my calf, ankles and toes all at one time on one side.  I had never heard of leg cramps being a problem in pregnancy before.  After a lot of research, it turns out, it's pretty common.  Usually for 2 reasons: 1) extra weight gain taking a strain on you (not the case for me, still under 1.5 pounds from when we conceived) or 2) less blood flow and circulation to the bottom half because of where the baby is sitting and the pressure on the nerves (most likely what is happening for me).  My in-laws told me 3 days ago that both of their doctors at different times had said to eat pickles/drink pickle juice at night before bed to help keep them away.  I was a bit skeptical at first, but after 2 nights of my new routine of 6 baby kosher dills... I'm proud to say I'm cramp free!!!  I never thought I'd appreciate sleeping more than 5 hours at a time.  If anything, it has shown me that I can function on 1 1/2 hour spurts of sleep, so I'm less concerned about that for when he does finally get here : )
I like this one because it looks like he has chubby cheeks.  He's only weighing 2.2 pounds right now, so I'm sure they aren't "chubby" - but still, I like it : )
4D front view of his face at 27 weeks.  In another picture if looks like he might have hair already.  I was born with a full head of dark hair and Ryan isn't sure - but there are good odds our little boy won't arrive bald.
Looking TIRED at 27 weeks... this was before I converted to the pickle remedy and I was only sleeping for about an 1 1/2 hours at most.

This is a maternity shirt and regular khaki pants.  The next day I wore all non-maternity clothes to work and hardly looked pregnant again.  I'm telling you, it's all about the clothes.  I thought I would be much bigger by 27 weeks, but I'll take it as long as he's growing : )
 

1 comment:

Erin E. Fitzgerald said...

Finally you LOOK PREGGERS! Next time Bikini shot!