Search

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Whooohoo - $2.30 off per gallon!

I did it!  I got to my $2 off per gallon goal last night at Giant with the gas rewards.  This week they are offering over 1000 extra bonus points on gas depending on what you buy.  I earned an extra 600 and now have a grand total of 2300+ in gas points.  In other great news, they lowered the gas prices last night when I was pulling out of the parking lot to $3.45 a gallon.  Minus my $2.30 in gas points per gallon, we could be paying only $1.15 per gallon for our fill up before vacation (assuming they don't jack the prices before this weekend).  SO Happy!  And of course, we'll use everything I got.  If you're local, these deals are still good until the end of the day (11:59pm) on Saturday the 11th.

Here's how I did it:
Buy 3, earn 200 Points:
3 packages of Huggies diapers. $8.99 each.  Used (3) $3 off coupons.

Buy 6, earn 200 Points:
6 boxes of 90 calorie Fiber One Bars (Ryan likes the Peanut Butter Chocolate). $2.79 each, although the ad has them marked at $2.99 each. Used (3) $1 off of 2 coupons.

Buy 8, earn 200 Points:
2 boxes of Cheese Nips. 2 for $3. No coupon.
2 - 3ct. packages of Scotch Bright sponges $2.49 each. Used (1) $1 off of 2 coupon.
1 box of Planters Nut Bars. $2.49. No coupon.
3 - Diet A&W 6 pks. 3 for $9. No coupon.

Spent: $50.18 and earned 650 Gas Points (or an additional 60 cents off per gallon).  The last time I remember being this excited to go and fill up was the first time I filled up at the gas station with my fresh learners permit in Iowa - circa 1996 : )  We leave for vacation on Sunday and it can't get here soon enough!!!

To view the giant ad for this week, go to: http://www.giantfoodstores.com/

No comments: