Search

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Family Favorite - Party Mix (aka Chex Mix)

I have been cooking... promise!  We've just been having some of the things I already posted, so no need to post again, right?  Recently, we made the egg and muffin breakfast casserole, turkey stuffing bake and more strawberry pie.  I also made a sugar free chocolate pie but forgot to take pictures!  I did not forget to eat it however : )  I'm working on a similar one that is more cheesecake style.  Hoping to take pictures of that.

Alright, so this recipe is a family favorite.  I made it this morning along with prepping a new recipe I'm working on - tater tot casserole.  Post about that coming later.

Ingredients:
7 cups of crispex cereal
1 cup of honey nut cheerios
1 cup of stick pretzels
2 cups of mixed nuts (I like the Emerald brand mixed nuts - just put the whole thing in)
3 tablespoons of margarine
4 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp onion salt

Directions:
Mix first 4 ingredients together in large tupperware container.  Heat last five ingredients in microwave on high for 1 minute (cover with wax paper to prevent splatter).  Stir and pour this heated mixture over dry mixture. Lightly stir, careful not to crush the cereal, and place in Microwave for 2 minutes, power level high.  Stir and put back in microwave for two more minutes on high.  Stir and spread on paper towels to cool.  Can also make this in the oven.  Bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.  Store in air tight container.  We usually make this before we play cards all night to keep our energy up ; )  Just the smell of it made me want to get out the cards this morning.

No comments: