Search

Friday, April 23, 2010

"Breaded" Pork Chops


I forgot to take a picture of all the ingredients when I started making dinner last night and was too tired to put it all back out after dinner was over. We must have been hungry, because we had both started eating before I remembered to go grab my camera for a picture (so please excuse the mess that was already on the plate!).
This meal took about 20 minutes from start to finish - and in my book, that counts as EASY!

Ingredients for the pork chops (makes 4 servings):
Panko Bread crumbs (Asian style found either in the bread aisle or Asian section of the grocery store)
4 thin pork chops
4 tablespoons of flour
1 egg
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Reduced sugar ketchup (optional)

Directions:
Lightly coat each pork chop in flour, dip in beaten egg, lightly cover with bread crumbs on each side. Heat skillet with medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add 2 pork chops to skillet at one time and flip every 2 minutes. It will take about 7-8 minutes total for the pork chops to be cooked through (remember, I'm using THIN pork chops). Repeat process with 2 remaining pork chops and serve! I like mine with ketchup because I think it tastes like a pork tenderloin sandwich, but Ryan likes his as is.

Our sides were just thrown together. The rice that you see on the plate is about 1/8 cup of Uncle Ben's 90 Second Whole Grain Medley: Garlic Flavor. See it here! EASY PEASY People!

The potato mixture is something I threw together at the last minute and it was good! I cut up 3 red potatoes and steamed them in a steamer bag in the microwave. Took 1.5 cups of my tomato mozzarella salad (see blog post from earlier in the week), added a few white kidney beans, 1 handful of fresh spinach and a splash of olive oil. Heated it all in the skillet for 2 minutes until the mozzarella had melted and serve!

Already looking forward to the left overs for lunch today =)

No comments: