Search

Friday, April 30, 2010

Amish Produce Jackpot!!!

So living around all of these Amish has it's perks and it also has it's draw backs.  The draw backs - the huge piles of horse poop on the side of the road and of course the tourists that take pictures (gawking) and slow down traffic.  But today I experienced one of the greatest perks - fresh farmer's market produce for AMAZING prices!!!

We've lived in PA for 3 years now and this is the first time I've ever gone to this flea market called the Green Dragon.  It's located in Ephrata, PA and is only open on Fridays from 9am-9pm.  I had the day off from work, so I went right away this morning at 9am to check it all out.  I knew I couldn't carry everything back to the car myself, so I located all the stands I wanted to buy from and brought Ryan back with me after work.  By the time we got there at 6pm, the stands had discounted their food even more!  I guess it makes sense - they can't really take all of that produce home with them!

We got everything pictured for exactly $40!!!  There is no way I could have walked away with all of this from the grocery store at that price.  They had an amazing meat selection too - but we were a little leary of that because we live just far enough away that we didn't want it to spoil in the 80 degree weather on the way home.  Next time we'll be bringing a cooler and getting our meat there too!  Now I'm going to be brainstorming new recipes for all the yummy goods we got!  Stay tuned....

No comments: