Search

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Buffalo Burgers OR Buffalo Sloppy Joes

So tonight for dinner I felt like getting creative.  We were both in the mood for something spicy, but I wanted to use up some hamburger meat that we had.  It was raining outside - so I knew I was limited to indoor cooking (no grilling).  It didn't turn out exactly as I had wanted - which is why it's a burger OR sloppy Joe recipe.

Ingredients:
1 pound of lean hamburger, 1/2 cup Frank's Hot Sauce (Sweet BBQ flavor) and additional hot sauce for topping, 1 cup shredded mexican cheese, 1/2 tablespoon chili powder, 80 calorie Sara Lee Whole Wheat buns, celery sticks and ranch dressing or dip

Directions:
Mix hamburger, 1/2 cup hot sauce, 1 cup shredded mexican cheese and chili powder together.  Make 6 burger patties and cook in skillet at 300 degrees with lid on for about 6-8 minutes or until cooked through.  Serve with celery sticks and ranch dressing and small side salad if you'd like.

(For some reason, 2 burgers worked and 4 didn't.  So I made sloppy joe's out of the other 4 that didn't stay together.  The first picture is a pic of the burger and the second is of the sloppy joe version. Ryan said they were just as good as the burger version.  I think the 1/2 cup of sauce might have been too much for the burgers to stick together - so adjust accordingly.)

No comments: