Search

Saturday, April 24, 2010

My FAVORITE Drinks!

Before surgery I gave up drinking pop.  I drank at least 2 pops a day before - usually Diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Pepsi and of course, my trusted Diet Sprite.  I've now gone about 8 months without a drink of pop, and don't miss it in the least.  In fact - I feel 10x's better without it.  But before surgery, all I could think is "I'm stuck drinking water for the rest of my life!"

This is the furthest thing from the truth.  What it has done is make me read labels on the back of my drinks and really think outside of the box when I'm in the mood for something refreshing that is different than water.  Of course I'm still drinking water throughout the day - but I have 3 new go-to's that I thought I'd share.

1) Gold Peak Diet Tea because this has caffeine, I limit myself to 8 oz. a day.  It tastes like sweet tea, but they also have an unsweetened flavor that isn't "diet" that tastes like regular tea.  Frankly, anything without lemon flavor in it is a go-to for me.  Generally speaking all tea out here has some sort of flavor in it or is loaded with sugar!
2) Sobe Life Water - Strawberry Dragonfruit
3) ZERO Vitamin Water - lemonade flavor (Make sure to get the Zero, there is a 10 calorie and 25 calorie version too).

No comments: