Search

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Salad


When the weather gets warm, I crave things that remind me of summer. This past summer Ryan and I went to this pub in Frederick, MD. It had the BEST tomato basil pizza. Obviously I can't have that anymore, but I can still enjoy the freshness of tomato, basil and mozzarella mixed together! This salad is light and full of protein thanks to the mozzarella. I've been taking it for my lunch with whole wheat triscuit crackers. It's an amazing combination and is getting me ready for warmer weather... and best part, it's EASY!

Ingredients:
Fresh basil leaves (chopped)
5 RIPE Roma tomatoes
1/2 ball of or 8 oz. of mozzarella cheese (part skim preferred)
Light Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
Whole Wheat Triscuits

Directions:
Cut tomatoes and mozzarella into the size pieces that you'd like. I prefer whatever would fit on a small fork or a spoon to guide my size while cutting them up. 1 handful of basil leaves (adjust to taste - this works much better with fresh rather than the spice in the jar). Mix tomatoes, basil and mozzarella pieces together in a bowl. Cover with 1/2 bottle of Light Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing. Let soak in dressing overnight and serve cold with whole wheat crackers. (Crackers are totally optional!)

No comments: