This week, I'm determined to go BIG or go home (alright, I'll already be home if I'm making this stuff... but you get the point).
Recipes coming this week:
- Turkey Stuffed Potatoes (carried over from last week)
- Swedish meatballs over egg noodles/brown rice (carried over from last week)
- Chicken Parmesan with pasta (again, carried over from last week)
- Slow cooker London broil with mashed potatoes
- Steak with roasted asparagus and tomatoes
Ingredients: (it looks like a lot, but it's easy - promise)
1 pd. of ground turkey 93% lean
1 packet of taco seasoning mix
3/4 cup of water
small whole wheat tortillas
1 can of whole kernel corn, drained
1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup of chopped yellow onion
2 cups of diced red, green and yellow pepper
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp all spice seasoning, we use Badia All Spice - found in the Mexican section of our grocery store
1 cup of grape or cherry tomatoes
1 cup of romaine lettuce
1 cup of shredded cheese (we enjoyed the taco shredded cheese for this dish)
lite sour cream
salsa (we used my mother in-laws homemade salsa that she sent home with us - AMAZING!)
Optional: side of uncle Ben's brown Santa Fe rice - 90 second kind of course!
- In large skillet, heat olive oil on medium high heat. Add chopped onions - cook for 4 minutes. Add tomatoes, cook for 2 minutes. Add peppers and all spice seasoning and cook for 4 more minutes. Finally, add corn and black beans. Cook mixture on medium high heat for another 5 to 6 minutes, continually stirring, until heated through.
- Brown ground turkey in medium skillet. Add taco seasoning and 3/4 cup of water. Simmer on low until ready to serve (at least 5 minutes).
- Make rice in the microwave - 90 seconds! Warm tortillas in microwave for 20 seconds each.
- Serve with salsa, lettuce, cheese, sour cream.
For my meal, I use 1 small tortilla, 1/4 cup turkey taco meat, 1/4 cup veggie mix, 1/2 table spoon lite sour cream, 1 oz. shredded cheese, 2 tablespoons salsa, a few pieces of lettuce and 1/4 cup rice.
I'm curious, what do your weekly menus look like??? Post below to share with others!