Search

Monday, January 31, 2011

Grape Frozen Snackers

Just tried this for the first time the other night - LOVED IT.  Next batch of grapes are in the freezer (as I type) for tonight - yum yum!  The best way for me to describe it is cold bites of fruit punch.  Ryan said they taste like organic gushers - and this man knows his gushers.  For someone that doesn't have ice cream or frozen things very often (not a big fan of Popsicles) these are great!
Yep, that's my blanket.  These were on my lap before I remembered to grab the camera.
Ingredients:
  • red seedless grapes (as many as you want.  I usually have 15-20) These are on sale at Giant this week for 1.49 a pound
  • Sugar free strawberry jello (got mine at Big Lots for 39 cents a box, plus used my 20% off coupon for even more savings)
Directions:
Freeze grapes (I like mine a little "slushy" so 2-3 hours).  Put in a zip lock bag - make sure it zips tight.  Sprinkle in jello powder - as much as you'd like.  There will be left over at the bottom of the bag.  Shake until all grapes are well coated.  Eat with a fork if you'd like to keep your fingers looking normal.  If you'd like to look like you've been in the finger paint all night, eat with your fingers ; )

Enjoy a low calorie - easy snack.

No comments: