Search

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients
Chicken Pie mix before going into the bottom pie shell (I ended up only using 2/3rd's of the mix)
Before going into the oven.
Fresh out of the oven.
Final product.  I cut ours into 8 pieces so it was easier to get out.  Would most likely serve 4-6 adults (non-wls)

This is a recipe from my mom.  She made it when they were out last November and I've been meaning to try it on my own and just got around to it - only a little more than 7 months later : )  I followed the ingredient list/recipe below, but it made way too much pie "stuffing" for me.  I used about 2/3rd of what the mix made and saved the rest to use in some other recipe I'm going to try and create.  Trash goes out Thursday morning... so the extra might just end up there.

Ingredients:
2 (10 1/2 oz) can of Cream of Potato Soup
2 cans mixed vegetables, drained (mom says pick out the lima beans - they change the taste)
2 large cans white chunk chicken
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp pepper
2-9 inch frozen deep dish pie crusts
1 egg
 
Directions:
Combine first five ingredients. Spoon into one pie crust. Cover and top with second pie crust.
Crimp/flute edges to seal. Slit top crust and brush with beaten egg white if desired.  Bake
at 375 for 40-45 minutes.  Cool 10 minutes before serving.

If you have a Walmart around, mom says that the Walmart brand of mixed veggies in the can already has no lima beans.  I just picked mine out.  I think there were less than 10 total between the 2 cans in my Giant brand : )
 

No comments: