Search

Thursday, July 21, 2011

My most pathetic CVS run yet - but I still made money : )

I went to the local CVS over lunch today.  I was looking for some discounted baby wipes to pair with some coupons and ECB's that I had.  They didn't have any of that or anything else I was looking for : (  (Lesson learned... go to the nicer CVS up the road, it's usually worth driving the 10 extra miles).  The only thing they did have was the small size can of Gillette Fusion Shaving Cream.  It was on sale for 2.27 with $2 in ECB back after your purchase.  I used a $1 off coupon and $1 ECB to buy it and paid 29 cents out of pocket (with tax).  I made $2 in ECB for that transaction, so I'm up 71 cents total.  I barely made it out of the store without laughing at myself.  Our stock pile has stayed pretty stocked lately (must be using less product in the summer), so I've limited most of my purchases to things that are free, things we make money on or things we absolutely need.  I've also been just a bit consumed with crafting and baby stuff ; )  I'm sure there are more major stock pile trips to come, but for this week - this was/is my only purchase!

ECB on my receipt - if you see one of these on your CVS receipt - use it!  It'd be like throwing away money!

Oh shave gel, you weren't worth the trip - but it makes me laugh : )

No comments: