Search

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"French Silk" pie - my version anyway

Don't you just love how all of my food pics are complimented by the blue counter tops? :)
A few weeks ago in another blog post about cheesecake, I mentioned how I had made a chocolate pie.  Well, I made it again and this time remembered to take pictures before eating it :)  This is like French Silk in someways, especially to someone that hasn't had real pie in almost 2 years. Best part is, I don't miss it one bit.  However, this baby has me craving some whacked out things lately.  The other night I would have knocked someone over for those mint flavored "crispy" m+m's.  Not sure if I've had those in the last 10 years, but I needed them in about 10 seconds with the way I was feeling.  I had a piece of chocolate pie instead and baby and I were both happy :)

What the pie looks like before the whip cream and me struggling to not break the crust before serving.
Ingredients:

1 reduced fat keebler graham cracker pie crust
2 boxes of sugar free, fat free jello chocolate flavor
2 3/4 cups of skim milk
Whip cream - we like the spray reddiwhip in the can - it's fun!

Directions:

Pour pudding mix into mixing bowl. Add all of skim milk and whip by hand with whisk for at least 2 minutes. Once pudding mixture has thickened from whisking, pour into pie crust and place in fridge for at least 3 hours to fully set. Serve with whip cream.

No comments: